Carlene S. Clark | Associate*
Carlene S. Clark* is an associate attorney in the Corporate Litigation and Counseling Practice Group at Ashby & Geddes and currently practices pursuant to the Delaware Temporary Limited Practice Privilege for 2020 Delaware bar applicants, pending administration of the next Delaware Bar Exam. Ms. Clark joined the firm after completing a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Ferris W. Wharton of the Delaware Superior Court. She graduated cum laude from Widener University Delaware Law School in 2019.
During law school, Ms. Clark served as the Josiah Oliver Wolcott Fellow to the Honorable Collins J. Seitz, Jr.—now Chief Justice of the Delaware Supreme Court. She was the recipient of the National Bar Association, Justice Juanita Stout Scholarship and the Corporate Counsel Woman of Color Scholarship. She served as Web Editor for the Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, the Parliamentarian for the Black Law Students Association (“BLSA”), the Scholarship Coordinator for the Woman’s Law Caucus and was a member of the Transactional Law Honor Society.
Prior to law school, Ms. Clark worked in healthcare and received her Bachelor’s in Marketing and Technical Management. A native of Philadelphia, she served on the board of a local non-profit and ran for public office in a city wide election. Ms. Clark takes pride in community engagement and mentorship through various affinity groups within the Delaware legal community.
*Licensed in Pennsylvania only and not yet admitted to practice in Delaware. Ms. Clark is supervised by attorneys of the Firm who are admitted to the Delaware Bar.
- Widener University Delaware Law School, J.D., 2019
- Web Editor, Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 2018-2019
- DeVry University, B.S., 2008
- Temple University, 2001-2004
- Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Ferris W. Wharton, Superior Court of Delaware, 2019-2020
- Josiah Oliver Wolcott Fellow to the Honorable Collins J. Seitz, Jr., Supreme Court of Delaware, 2018-2019
- Pennsylvania, 2020
- Ashby & Geddes Named to U.S. News - Best Lawyers® 2017 “Best Law Firms” List